Monday, August 15, 2011

My Humble Introduction


My name is Reid Delehanty and very few things in this world make me happier and reaffirm my lust for everything the world has to offer than reading. I find it something that is equally personal and at the same time something that can bring people together in the same kind of intimate ways. This blog, The Humble Book Giant, represents feelings on books, which are decidedly optimistic and very unpretentious. I will stick by my opinions on books and am confident in my knowledge on the modern landscape of literature, but I try to stay unpretentious about it, and welcome any new ideas to enrich my reading adventures. I see to many smart people who use their reading experiences to validate themselves and make themselves feel more important than they are in reality, which can lead them to becoming shallow, close-minded and arrogant people. I will always try to walk that very thin line and will always accept any kinds of criticism. The title also reflects my physical attributes: I am 6’6 and somewhere in the 280 lbs. range, which has always been a very noticeable attribute. I hope you enjoy the books I bring to this blog, whether they are your favorites or something completely fresh, and get something from the ideas I present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment