Friday, September 2, 2011

Review: "Last Days of Dog-Men" by Brad Watson






This is going to be one of my shorter reviews, because very little of Last Days of dog-Men was actually processed in my mind. I am human, and sometimes get sidetracked by other thoughts in my head, but it is not because the book was bad, but probably because it did not appeal to my interests. I am always trying to go out of my comfort zone to read things that don’t automatically spark my interest. It is a way I learn and grow as a reader, even at such a late age. This was the case with Last Days of Dog-Man by Brad Watson. He is a very good writer, and I like the metaphor of dogs and people sharing the same kind of fighting spirit, but none of these stories really left an impact. I recall them being somewhat overwritten; Watson seems like a person who can put a word or two together with ease, but I think this is a case of someone reading too much Flannery O’Conner, and leaving out plot and development for a few extra weird characters. I am still going to read his two other books at a later date, but this one did little for me, but at only 146 pages, it is something short that you can finish in a day, and is relatively inoffensive. But that is just my thought, and you may end up liking it if you check it out.
Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment